1. Take my time. Don’t rush into things, especially if I see a tactic.
2. Understand all of my opponent’s threats at all times.
3. Look for tactics both for myself and my opponent (if I find a tactic see #1).
4. Don’t’ complicate, unless the outcome is clear.
5. Develop all of my pieces before starting the attack.
6. Play prophylacticly, prevent counter play unless my move is winning.
7. Pay attention to the center.
8. Pay attention to pawn breaks (both offensive and defensive).
9. If I find a good move, look for a better one. Make sure that I know all of the idiosyncrasies of the position.
10. Blunder-check before moving.